Pumpkin Protein Bars
Wednesday Wisdom: Healthy Snacks: Here is a recipe by Jamie Eason – healthy protein bars (more like protein cakes) to snack on in between meals. This recipe makes 24 squares and she recommends 4 squares per serving (I find they are quite filling and only ever snack on 1 or 2).
Nutritional Information: Per square (with walnuts)*:
- 63 calories
- 2.3g fat
- 8g carbs
- 4g protein
You will need:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Microwave the pumpkin and SMASH it up.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together, mix all the dry ingredients together, mix everything together, add the pumpkin, add crushed walnuts (optional) and MIX
- Place in a dish approximately 20cm by 30cm
- BAKE for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
*I have made some substitutions to the original recipe so this information may differ slightly.