I Heart CT
My Cape Town Bucket List – Isn’t it just so typical of our generation to need the impending fear of death to motivate us to do the things we really want to do. I generally find the idea of naming this – a “to-do” list with a 4-month time frame – a bucket list, quite revolting. And yet completely satisfying. Plus everyone else is doing it – so why should I feel bad? Cape Town Bucket List – fuck yeah!!!
With the prospect of moving to London at the end of the year, I saw it fit to make a list of all those typical Cape Town activities I have never done (or at least never documented on social media – which is kind of the same thing). Of course I am also completely open to exploring some less-typical Cape Town activities – so if you can think of any, please feel free to comment below.
Cape Town Bucket List
1. Have a picnic on Signal Hill while watching the sun set.
2. Hang out with the penguins at Boulders Beach.
3. Go to a summer concert in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
4. Pub crawl along Long Street (ending at the Dubliner, of course).
5. Dominate the karaoke stage at Dizzy’s for one last time (I can’t sing – i.e. I never did).
6. Spend a sunny Saturday touring Stellenbosch wine farms.
7. Hike up Lions Head in time to see the sun rise.
8. Go sand boarding for the first time on the 50m Atlantis dunes – Completed 7 September 2013
9. Take part in a “Moonlight Mass” nighttime group cycle around town.
10. Hop on and off a Hop-On, Hop-Off bus all around Cape Town.
11. Take the train to Kalk Bay and soak up the drunken vibes at the Brass Bell.
12. Take the cable car up Table Mountain on a low cloud day and view the clouds from above.
13. Play with the horses on Noordhoek Beach.
14. Expose the nudists on Sandy Bay Beach.
15. Down chilled champagne on Clifton 4th Beach.
16. Reflect on SA’s beginnings with a visit to the Castle of Good Hope.
17. Reflect on SA’s recent past with a visit to Robben Island and the District 6 Museum.
18. Take a stroll through the Company Gardens past Parliament and along to Bo Kaap.
19. Get the postcard photo of Table Mountain as taken from Tableview.
20. Ride a lion at Rhode’s Memorial in honour of Cecil John.
21. Use the Noon Gun as an inappropriate prop.
Extreme (/Optional) Items
22. Ride an ostrich at the Cape Point Ostrich Farm.
(alternatively, just go to Cape Point and face off with a baboon).
23. Swim in the predator tank at the Two Oceans Aquarium.
(alternatively, just go to the Aquarium and pet a starfish).
24. Tandem paraglide off Lion’s Head.
(ideally land on Sea Point Promenade like a boss).
Feel like joining me on this adventure? Or at least part of it? Sign up here
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’I would like to join you for the following bucket list actvities (list numbers e.g. #8):’ type=’textarea’/][contact-field label=’Other suggested activities:’ type=’text’/][/contact-form]