Eat This: Col’cacchio Takeouts on the Beach
Nothing better than grabbing some Col’cacchio Pizzeria takeouts and heading down to the beach to watch another perfect Cape Town sunset. Yesterday Adam and I did just that. We also used the time to test out the time-lapse features of the GoPro. I put my new GIF-making skills to use and taadaa…
Adam had: an Autunno Pizza
with Caramelised Onion, Sundried Tomatoes, Smoked Mozzarella
(Please note that the nutritional information below is PER SLICE and that Adam devoured the whole pizza – i.e. 8 slices!!!)
I had: a Brioso Salad with Chicken
Lettuce, Rocket, roasted Beetroot, roasted Butternut, Feta, crispy Onions, Butternut Chips, Pomegranate Arils, Green Yoghurt dressing
A little bit of a cheat meal considering that I am trying furiously to eat clean – but a little bit of rich, creamy Danish feta has never killed anyone.
- You can phone ahead and avoid awkwardly standing around at Col’cacchio’s. The Camps Bay branch’s number is (021) 438 2171 – allow for about 20 minutes from order to collection.
- Grab a blanket or beach mat to sit on.
- Bring a warm top – it can get chilly after the sunsets.
- Why not grab something to drink from your fridge at home. Nothing better than a cup of bubbly to toast the setting sun.
- If Camps Bay is too windy (like yesterday) head to Clifton.
- Check what time the sun is setting by using your smartphone weather apps – currently setting around 8pm.
- Remember to take all your rubbish with you.
(To see more amazingly tempting photos of Col’cacchio pizzas, pastas and salads check out Russell Smith’s blog – the featured image was taken by him)